Aug 20, 2020
$35,000 - $50,000 yearly
School Name Withheld
Salaried Plus Benefits
(ESQL/ESL) English as a Foreign Language
Job Summary & Description
Leads each class with thorough planning and execution of material to fulfill the school’s learning expectations for all students, while helping each individual student learn, develop, and grow.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs those activities listed in the district’s classroom teacher job description as appropriate and applicable.
- Plans, organizes, and provides instruction in English. Instruction must be consistent and coordinated with the district’s instructional program so that students meet and exceed learning targets and the requirements.
- Develops and delivers lesson plans utilizing a broad range of appropriate differentiated techniques and strategies addressing all aspects of communication that develop each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in content areas at levels that ensure learners meet or exceed learning targets.
- Administers academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student’s progress in meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition. Maintains complete and accurate records of student’s progress and evidence of growth and progress.
- Provides a nurturing, supportive, and positive learning environment with high expectations that encourage student responsibility, enhance motivation, clearly communicate classroom routines, and incorporate challenging instructional strategies.
- Attends staff meetings as may be requested or as established by school policy. Understands and complies with the policies, rules, and regulations regarding the English learners. Advocates for the program needs that are required to meet the learning needs of English learners.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Valid teaching certificate
- Endorsement or approval in English as a Second Language
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to English language acquisition.
- The ESL Teacher provides specialized instruction for the purposes of developing the students’ ability to effectively perform courses of study in English and acquire the English language.
Salary & Benefits
- Airfare and monthly salary
- Furnished housing
- Global health insurance
- Language classes
- Professional development and graduate benefit program
- Free education for children at our affiliated and credentialed international schools
Required English Fluency Level
Career Experience Level
Minimum Education Needed
Interested candidates in this position should complete this application.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions on concerns.
We look forward to receiving your application!