May 11, 2020
Salaried Plus Benefits
Administration & Leadership
Job Summary & Description
Dr. David A. Wells and the GLOBAL School Consulting Group is honored to partner with the Caspian Academy and Gateway Education Global in seeking a new Head of School. Caspian Academy (CA) is a private school operating in Baku, Azerbaijan. The school’s community consists of expatriate families who have cooperated together to see this school established. Its member-elected Board governs the Academy and the Head of School is chosen and contracted by the Board.
Caspian Academy is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Head of School to lead the school to the next level of development. The HOS serves as the administrative and academic leader and will work in close collaboration with the school leadership team as well as the Caspian Academy school board. To continue developing a high-quality educational environment, CA is working on solidifying the high-school curriculum and is seeking accreditation. This position offers an exceptional opportunity for an educational leader who enjoys adventure and challenge, interacting with “third culture kids”, and who is passionate about school development.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Head of School of CA is the chief executive officer of CA. As such, with responsibilities in all of the following areas, the Head of School is, in effect, the delegated keeper of the Vision forCA.He/She should become completely familiar with the history of Caspian Academy, and in agreement with the Academy’s score values, mission statement, vision statement and the board governance policies.
The Head of School is responsible to provide overall direction and oversight of Caspian Academy operations. In doing so he/she should be completely familiar with and apply any reasonable interpretation to:
- The purpose and vision of CA, which, in partnership with the home, is to provide a quality education that prepares them for higher education, primarily for the children of expatriate families in Azerbaijan.
- The Head of School Limitations Policies, which describe organizational situations and actions to be avoided.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Culture and treatment of students and family members.
- Business office.
- Public Relations.
- Working with the board.
- Strategic planning.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Be a person of love, truthfulness, and virtue.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership and maturity.
- Be in agreement with the Caspian Academy Mission Statement and Philosophy of Education.
- Be committed to academic excellence and personal life-long learning.
- Recognize the role of parents as primarily responsible for their children’s education and be prepared to assist them in that task.
- Be experienced in elementary, middle, and high school administration.
- Be able to use appropriate communication skills when relating to parents, teachers, and students.
- Be capable of making decisions and implementing them correctly.
- Maintain adequate physical health to meet the demands of work and daily life in Azerbaijan.
- Be willing to endure challenges and hardship.
- Be able to apply discipline fairly and consistently in all situations.
Required English Fluency Level
Career Experience Level
Head of School/Superintendent/CEO,
Grade Level Group
Minimum Education Needed
For more information, click the "APPLY NOW" button below or contact Dr. David A. Wells, Search Consultant, at email@example.com.