Apr 17, 2020
Blended (Salary, Benefits, Missionary Support)
Administration & Leadership
Job Summary & Description
Dr. David A. Wells and the GLOBAL School Consulting Group are pleased to partner with the School Board of Whitman Academy, in West Amman, Jordan in recruiting the school’s next Head of School.
Whitman Academy exists to provide quality Christian education in English to third culture kids through creative hands-on-learning and guided opportunities in servant leadership. Its vision is to produce well-educated, global-minded disciples, transformed by the Gospel, with a heart for people’s physical and spiritual needs in the ambition to make a difference in the Kingdom of God.
The school is currently housed in a five-story building in West Amman, located within Jordan’s capital city and home to 2.5 million people. Whitman Academy has expanded to a body of 184 students in Grades 1-12 from over 20 different countries and from all cultural backgrounds. The multinational atmosphere stimulates greater understanding and compassion for the community and fosters a global perspective in the students. A fundamental belief of Whitman Academy is that education should kindle students’ delight in learning and lay the groundwork for a joyful life of service to the world around them.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Head of School serves as the School’s educational and spiritual leader, responsible for managing school policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school. Achieving academic excellence requires that the Head of School work collaboratively to direct and nurture all members of the school staff while effectively and regularly communicating with parents.
The successful candidate for the Head of School position will:
- Value the use of data in making decisions that maximize student achievement
- Understand the value of adult learning and designs professional development plans that seek to maximize instructional practice
- Model humility, reflective learning, and a willingness to accept responsibility for mistakes
- Engage a wide range of stakeholders in developing, implementing, communicating, monitoring, and evaluating the school’s mission and vision
Qualifications & Requirements
- Mature Christian with a clear testimony and demonstrated evidence of spiritual leadership
- Graduate degree in education or in educational leadership from an accredited institution
- At least five years of teaching experience
- Native or near-native English speaker
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working effectively in a cross-cultural setting
- Understanding of teacher performance evaluation frameworks to improve instructional practice, such as Danielson; Marzano; or UW CEL 5D+
- Demonstrates integrity, sound judgment, ethical and professional behavior
- Encourages multiple points of view to form solutions
- Maintains confidentiality in student and staff matters
- Strong belief in the school’s mission and vision and ability and desire to align all school activities and resources toward realizing them
- Has proven educational leadership ability and is committed to model the spiritual and professional responsibilities listed in the teacher job description
- Possesses high emotional intelligence – the ability to connect with people through relationship and a servant leader attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively with the school leadership team
- Possess financial acumen and ability to allocate budgetary resources effectively
- Values the use of data in making decisions that maximize student achievement
- Understands the value of adult learning and designs professional development plans that seek to maximize instructional practice
- Models humility, reflective learning, and a willingness to accept responsibility for mistakes
- Willing to take ownership of all decisions made by school staff
- Can engage a wide range of stakeholders in developing, implementing, communicating, monitoring, and evaluating the school’s mission and vision
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate who is contracted to serve as the Head of School at Whitman Academy will receive an annual salary of approximately of $40,000 USD and must be willing and able to raise missionary support for the remainder of the annual support. The school estimates that this salary would cover 33-50% of the total cost for a western family to live in Amman. Interested individuals are invited to visit the School’s website (www.whitmanacademy.org) and review the corresponding links to this announcement.
Required English Fluency Level
Fluent (with test scores and/or recommendation letters),
Career Experience Level
Head of School/Superintendent/CEO,
Grade Level Group
Early Childhood (PreK),
Minimum Education Needed
Click the "APPLY NOW" button below to express interest to us for the position or to contact Search Consultant, Dr. David A. Wells (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.